Remember Moe Shop, oh Moe Shop, who was one of the fixtures on the future funk scene with his high-quality weeaboo album art and his head-bopping infusion of electronic and funk? Here’s a reminder if you can’t. Now, do you?
I mean, this mixtape was brilliant enough to make me bring this blog back from the dusty remains of the internet, so that should be proof enough. And I don’t listen to hour-long mixes much because the inevitable dud in the middle just spoils the broth. This fantastic mix was taken from his liveshow at Tokyo, and is also available as a free download. There’s nothing in this world that smells even better than popcorn at the movies, other than free (and equally fantastic) music downloads.
My favourite sweet spots are the massive bass that drops at the end of track 1 and straight into Moe Shop’s remix of Lenno & Jack Novak’s All Eyes On Us. The real shame is that this track is only available as a 30 sec preview on Soundcloud. Well, never mind about that – M2U’s Memory Of Beach and Lucky Date’s Ho’s And Disco’s close that mind-niggler with some fine moments on their own.
All in all, this is a damned fine mix – 110k plays, 5742 likes and 1040 reblogs, and counting. I’m still adding to the playcounts, by the way…
1) Fusq – Perfume! x Moe Shop – Superstar (w/ Hentai Dude)
2) Lenno & Jack Novak – All Eyes On Us (feat. Racella)
3) Suken & Fusq – Changes
4) Galantis – No Money (Daydreamer Remix) x Ludacris – How Low
5) M2U – Memory Of Beach (VIP)
6) Lucky Date – Ho’s and Disco’s (Space Laces Remix) x Moe Shop – Natural (w/ Ace Hashimoto)
7) Wolfgang Gartner – YWMO (feat. Gene Noble)
8) Rytmeklubben – Girlfriend (Moe Shop Edit)
9) Aiobahn & Yunomi – Makuramoto ni Ghost (feat. Nicamoq)
10) Colate – Butterscotch (feat. Hatsune Miku)
11) TAK – Voice (feat. Suran)
12) Mat Zo & Porter Robinson – Easy (Lemaitre Remix) x Hentai Dude – Tokyo Chopp [feat. Shiki(TMNS)]
13) Moe Shop – You Look So Good
14) The Knocks – Collect My Love (feat. Alex Newell) (Mat Zo Remix)
15) Tofubeats – Positive (feat. Dream Ami)